25 February 2016

25 February 2016: La Cucina È Arrivata!!

Wow!  We are closing in on our final week here in Los Angeles. What a whirlwind the last few months have been.  And now the time is approaching to say good bye.  Not forever, because that is too sad to contemplate, but for now.

Elevating my mood this morning was a new email with photo updates from Fasano.  I am so excited.  (I also got an email from Franco saying that my gas tank is almost empty. So I hope my payment to Liquigas goes through!)  But never mind because....


The kitchen is finished! The only thing left to install is the refrigerator. Funny....it's nothing like the mega designer kitchens you see in so many homes in the US.  But it is just right for me and I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out.  (Side note:  I recently overheard the woman who bought the house where I am currently living talking to her designer about the renovation they will be doing: "I never cook, but I want a six burner stove, huge refrigerator, etc, etc, etc,)

 
 

And the doors, windows, air conditioning and radiators have been installed!



The exterior work is almost complete. I am already envisioning my bistro table and chairs, a bottle of prosecco, olives, a good book.

 


 

The sun is shining today on Puglia.....

No comments:

Post a Comment