18 February 2016

18 February 2016: My Ship Has Come In! (And So Has The New Fireplace)

Early this morning I received an email from our friends at Santa Fe Relocation in Rome letting me know that the ship transporting our container has arrived to the port in Genoa. Whew! Another hurdle cleared. Now we await customs processing, which generally takes 5 business days. And we wait with baited breath to see if our application to clear without paying duty is accepted.  I am learning so much every single day.  Wonder if there is a market for international moving consultants?

And much more fun than learning about customs regulations....I got update pictures from Franco today. He told me the kitchen and bathroom cabinets and the lighting fixtures will arrive in the next few days.  I'm almost afraid to say it out loud.  But I think the project will be done before I arrive. Two weeks from Saturday!

The new fireplace ("camino" in italiano...learn along with me) has been installed. 

 
 
The guest bedroom ("camera da letto") is almost ready. Of course it still needs the bed that is waiting in Genoa. But start booking your tickets i miei amici (my friends)!!
 


The stone mirror ("specchio") is finished and is being installed in the bathroom.

 
And the garage is completed.  (Far too nice for a car.  I told Craig that the classic BMW he is shipping over might need to find a new home!)
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Ci sono date di black-out per le prenotazioni? I have a passport :)

    ReplyDelete