16 February 2016

16 February, 2016: Winding Down and Gearing Up

Great things happening this week regarding our move...

First of all, I have solved my immigration issue.  Yay! And whew!  If all goes to plan I will be getting my residence in Puglia. 

Craig has put an offer on a rental property. An adorable villa just outside of Ostuni.  And he will be looking for an additional one or two real estate investments to provide income while in Italy.  So...l think I can stop worrying about the shock to my "Type A" personality I was fearing if I didn't have enough to do. I get the task of managing the rentals.  (NB:  I'll be looking for advice from anyone who's ever managed a rental property and/or rented houses/flats on holiday.  Recollections of both good and bad experiences will be very helpful as we grow this venture.)


Villa di Capo

Villa di Capo Pool

And, we found someone to insure our cars.  Might not sound that exciting, but it was a "to do" on our list that we were not really sure how we were going to solve.

As we wind down our lives here in LA....

Went up to the Hollywood sign today. It's something I had not done in the 16+ years I have lived in LA. It is a scorching hot day for February.  Had to fight traffic to get there.  But I'm glad I went.  Will need to come back and enjoy it properly when I can walk around the Lake Hollywood Reservoir and take in the views.






And the sweetest (and saddest) bit of the day. My wonderful neighbor Meredith shared this picture she took of our dogs yesterday.  You see, they figured out a long time ago (I think it was Natalia first) that if they went down the side of our house where the door to Meredith's kitchen is, stood by the fence and called her out, she would reward them with a yummy treat.  (Meredith gives them meat.  They are probably wishing they lived in a non-vegetarian household.)  This little ritual is something they are going to miss.  We couldn't have hoped for anyone who would be kinder to our pack, even when they are too annoying for words.  We will miss you Meredith! And Grady too!






No comments:

Post a Comment