28 January 2016

27 November: Leaving Puglia....For Now

I am the only person at breakfast this morning. And I feel like the lady of the manor. They put out the full spread just for me. What a treat! Oh...did I mention that there was no hot water for my shower this morning? Probably why I made it in time as once again I was sucked into my comfy bed until the very last minute.

Today I am leaving Puglia. Back to London for a few days to soak up some city life and visit friends. And then back to LA. I have accomplished so much in such a short time this week. And I caught a glimpse of what my life might be like living in Southern Italy. I am cautiously optimistic. Cautious because it is my nature not to be mindlessly enthusiastic, not because of anything I observed. I'm happy about the choices we've made. And most importantly, I think the dogs will like it.

I drive to Bari and return my zippy little Citroen. I board a plane to Milano.  From there I fly to London. This chapter of my Italian adventure comes to a close.

A presto, Puglia!

Side notes:

1) Particularly attractive people flying in and out of Bari and Milano-Linate airports.
2) London taxi driver who picked me up from Paddington Station is REALLY not happy about two things. 1) Uber drivers and 2) the Mayor of London closing streets to create bike lanes. I believe his reference to the latter was "if I had a spare bullet it would be for the mayor". Oh dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment