28 January 2016

17 December 2015: My First Renovation Update

When I embarked on this renovation project I was really nervous.  I was thousands of miles away and possess only a rudimentary knowledge of Italian. But my gut told me that the people working on the project were good guys.  And I continue to hope that my judgement is not clouded by a naïve fondness for this country. 

NB:For anyone wishing to take on a project like this, make sure your quotes include IVA.  10% tax on a 100k project makes a bit of a difference to your wallet.

So....when I left Puglia, we agreed that every 3-4 days I would receive updates with pictures as the work progressed.  On the 17th of December I got the first set.  Plumbing and electrical work is not particularly sexy.  But I'm sure there will come a day when I am extremely grateful for the new systems. 






No comments:

Post a Comment